Yahoo was one of the internet service giants since its inception. But they have not updated themselves with the new features. Every day there are numerous issues reported by the users in different forums. If you are facing any problem in accessing the Yahoo account, here is the list of the common issues faced by the Yahoo users and the solutions. I hope that your issue is also included here.
• Problem Due to Add-Ons: There is some ad-blocking software that hampers the activities of other important programs. You have to disable those add-ons for the main website and try again. The names of the add-ons are; AdBlock Plus, AdBlock, Ghostery, unlock, Firefox and Opera.
• Forgotten Password: Forgotten password issue is the most reported problem in Yahoo. You need to use the Sign-in Helper to recover your account. An account key will be sent to the secondary email address or the recovery phone number. You need to insert the number and reset the password. Remember to set the password strong enough to crack but familiar enough to remember.
• Hacked Account: Yahoo had faced the biggest Yahoo data breach of history. 3 billion Yahoo email addresses were compromised. If you find out that your account has been hacked, but you can access the account, then change the password immediately. And if you cannot access the account, then use the sign-in helper to reset the password. You need the recovery phone number and email address and sometimes the security question to recover the hacked Yahoo account.
• Invalid Password and ID: If you mistakenly insert the wrong password or email Id, then Yahoo will show you the Invalid ID and Password message. Check the caps lock button before inserting the password. Never use an auto-fill form to log in to the website. Your typed email address and password will have to match with the recorded credentials of Yahoo. If you are still not able to Yahoo sign-in and getting the message, try another browser to log in.
• Missing Mail and Contacts: Sometimes, you will not find any particular email or contact in your account. To recover a missed contact, you need to check the Deleted Contact tab. If the contact was in your contact list within 30 days, then you can go for Restore Contacts and click Done to restore the deleted contact list. If any of the emails are mistakenly deleted or lost, then search the Delete folder first. If you don’t find it there, then can submit a restore request to Yahoo.
• Spam: Yahoo Spam is not only one of the most common problems of Yahoo but also for any other network too. You can block individually by adding the sender’s address to the blocked contact. Or you can set the customized filters to ban emails coming to your inbox.
For further details, you can dial toll-free Yahoo customer support helpline number