If you are one of those who read their Windows Live Hotmail accounts in Outlook, you can use the Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector for easy access to your account. The latest update of Outlook Hotmail connector 64-bit has helped users overcome the common issues and is necessary if you wish to keep on using Hotmail accounts in Outlook. The current version number for the Hotmail Connector is 14.0.5139.5001.
Changes Made in the Outlook Hotmail Connector Update
- A lot of users used to face send/receive issues in the email program. This update has overcome the issue and the process is now much smoother.
- The Junk Email Filter of Outlook is disabled for Hotmail accounts as this filter was marking even the good mail as junk. With this update, the junk emails are detected at the Hotmail mail server and are not filtered by the Outlook Junk Mail filter. While the filter is turned off for Hotmail, any entries made in Outlook for the junk email filters (like Blocked Senders, Safe Senders, and Safe Recipients) are functioning correctly and synchronized between Outlook and the Hotmail mail server.
- Many users have reported issues with the frequent hanging and crashing when trying to send meetings using the Hotmail Connector and also when trying to add a new Hotmail account to a current profile. These hanging and crashing issues have also been fixed with this update.
- The previous version has some bugs as it the Windows Live contacts’ birthdays and anniversaries used to shift by one day when synchronized with Outlook. The problem has been taken care of with the new update.
- Another issue that has been fixed with the new update is the blocking of synchronization of the Category property in an Outlook contact with Windows Live. The synchronization process is now processing without any sort of blocking.
NOTE: It is to be noted that the Outlook Hotmail Connector doesn’t support the HTTPS protocol. The team is still working to fix this issue with engineers in Windows Live.
To Upgrade Hotmail Connector 64 Bit
Just like the releases in past, when your launch Outlook (with the Hotmail Connector already installed), you are most likely to see an update prompt appearing on your screen with the Upgrade Now and Remind me later buttons. However, if you don’t see any such option, you can easily carry out the installation process manually. To know how to manually install the Outlook Hotmail Connector, follow the instructions provided below.
Steps to Install the Outlook Hotmail Connector Manually
- To begin with, you will first need to go to the Microsoft Download Center on your computer using the applicable link. If you are using Office Outlook 2003 32-bit, Outlook 2010, Office Outlook 2007, or Office Outlook 2003 32-bit, you will need to go to Outlook Hotmail Connector 14.2 for Outlook 2003, 2007 and 2010 32-bit(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d9662d20-ad27-45a6-9184-f906dd63ddaa)
- However, if you are using Outlook 2010 64-bit, you will need to go to Outlook Hotmail Connector 14.2 for Outlook 2010 64-bit(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=bd0bcb57-d408-4d4a-8f1e-d737d8c27098)
- Next, you will need to download the setup file by pressing the Download option located next to the exe option. This will open a prompt on your screen which will guide you to save the file to your computer.
- Once the file gets downloaded on your computer, you will need to double-click on the file. Doing so will open the installation box on your screen.
- Here, you will simply need to follow the on-screen instructions on your screen to complete the installation process.
Steps To Know the Version Running in Your Email Program
For Outlook 2007 and Office Outlook 2003 users
- To begin with, launch the Outlook email program on your computer.
- Once the email program gets opened on your screen, you will need to click on the About Outlook Hotmail Connector option in the Outlook Hotmail Connector
- You will see the version is displayed in the About Outlook Hotmail Connector dialog box.
- If you find that the version is the same or above 14.0.5139.5001, it means that the latest version of Outlook Hotmail Connector is already installed for your email program.
For Outlook 2010 Users
- Launch Outlook 2010 on your computer.
- Once the email program gets opened on your screen, you will need to click on the File This will open a drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down menu, you will need to select the Additional Information button and then click on the About Outlook Hotmail Connector
NOTE: In case you have multiple accounts, you may first need to select your Hotmail account from the menu and then press the About Outlook Hotmail Connector option.
- You will see the version is displayed in the About Outlook Hotmail Connector dialog box. If the version is the same or above 14.0.5139.5001, it means that you already have the latest version of Outlook Hotmail Connector installed on your email program.
So, these are the steps that will help you install the Outlook Hotmail Connector 64-Bit on your email program. For any query contact Hotmail customer support help number to fix your account.