If you are using an Android phone, you can easily access your MSN email account on it. To access MSN email on your Android, you will need to perform a configuration process. Below you can find the information on how to set up MSN email on Android.
Guide to Set Up MSN Email on Android
As Microsoft has moved all its email services (Office 365, Live Mail, Hotmail, MSN Mail) to Outlook.com, the following steps are provided according to the new current email service.
- Go to the Google Play Store app on your Android device and install the Outlook app.
- Once the Outlook app gets installed on your device, you will need to launch it.
- As the application will open up for the first time, you will need to tap on the GET STARTED
- On the next screen, you will need to enter your email address in the provided field and tap on the CONTINUE
- Then, enter the password in the prompted field and click on the Sign-in You will be logged into your Outlook email account.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to set up MSN Email (now Outlook) on your Android device. In case, you wish to set up your account manually in the Android email app, you will need to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- To begin with, open the Gmail app on your Android device. Make sure that your device and Gmail app is running with the latest updates.
- Once the Gmail app opens on your screen, you will need to tap on the Menu icon (three horizontal lines) located on the top-left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the menu that appears on your screen and tap on the Settings option. In the Settings section, you will need to tap on the Add Account
- On the next screen, you will need to tap on the Exchange and Office 365
NOTE: Do not select the Outlook, Hotmail, and Live option as it will only allow you to sync email and not calendar/contacts.
- After selecting the Exchange and Office 365 option, you will need to enter your complete email address in the prompted field on the following screen and tap on the Next
- Similarly, you will need to enter your password in the prompted field and tap on the Next
- On the next screen, you will need to follow these steps according to your account type:
- If you are an Outlook.com user, skip this step.
- If you have an Exchange or other account: You may need to get server settings from your IT admin or email service provider to set up your account manually (steps provided below).
- If you have a Microsoft 365 work or school account, you may see a Redirect request screen. You will need to tap on the OK
- Then, you will need to follow the on-screen prompts for security and device permissions, sync, settings, etc. In case you have an Office 365 work or school account, you may also need to confirm Remove security administration and allow additional security measures. In this case, you will need to select OK or Activate
- Now, go to the Inbox of your just configured email account. If there is an email that reads Action Required to Sync Email, open it and tap on the Use another Mail app instead In case you do not see this message and emails are syncing, you can skip this step.
- After that, pull down the Android notification bar by swiping with your finger from up to down on your screen. If you find a notification there that says Unable to sync Calendar and contacts, tap on it and then tap on the Allow option to give permission. And that’s it, your MSN email will be configured on your Android device.
Manual Setup Process
In case you are unable to set up your MSN email to the Gmail app, you can try the Manual steps provided below:
- Open the Gmail app and go to Settings > Add Account > Other.
- Next, you will need to enter your complete email address and then tap on the Manual Setup > Exchange
- Then, enter your password, tap on the Next
- For Server settings, you will need to configure the following if available:
Incoming Server Settings
- Make sure to enter your complete email address. For example, [email protected].
- Enter the password you use to access your email account.
- For an email account ending with @hotmail.com, @outlook.com, @live.com, or @msn.com, as well as other accounts hosted on Outlook.com, enter outlook.com.
- For work or school accounts hosted on Microsoft 365 for business, you will need to use office365.com.
NOTE: You will need to contact you administrator if you are configuring up an exchange-based account and you don’t know the name of your Exchange Server
- Enter 443 or 993.
- You will need to select SSL/TLS or select the checkbox next to Use secure connection (SSL) and tap on the Next
Outgoing SMTP Server Settings
- Enter smtp-mail.outlook.comif you’re using an Outlook.com account.
- Enter office365.comif you have a Microsoft 365 for business account.
If you have an Exchange email account, you will need to contact your email provider or system administrator.
- Select the TLS
- Enter 587 and tap on the Next
- After that, you will need to follow the on-screen prompts, including the security permissions. You may also be prompted to configure your sync settings and display name.
NOTE: If you are using Office 365 for business, you may be prompted to provide additional security control. In such a case, you will need to select the Activate option.
- Now, you will need to go to your Inbox and see if there is a message that reads “Action Required”. If you see this message, you will need to follow the steps mentioned below. However, if you don’t see any such message and your emails are syncing, you don’t need to complete this step.
- Tap on the email message to open it.
- Next, tap on the Use another Mail app instead link to enable sync with the Gmail app.
- If you are looking to sync calendar and contacts, you may need to perform the following steps depending on the version of Android.
- Swipe down from the top of your screen.
- If you see a notification that reads Unable to sync calendar and contacts, you will need to tap on it.
If Gmail prompts for access, simply tap on the Allow option. Then, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the configuration process.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to set up an MSN email on your Android device. If still you need help you can call MSN customer service phone number to fix your email account.