When you purchase one of the services of SBCGlobal, you are also provided an SBCGlobal email account. You can use this email like your other email account for sending and receiving messages. Also, if you want you can set up your SBCGlobal email account on an email client such as Mac Mail.
The process to set up your SBCGlobal email account on Mac Mail is easy as you only need the SBCGlobal email server settings to carry out the process. Once configured, you can easily access emails from your SBCGlobal email account on Mac Mail. In case if you ever wish to close your SBCGlobal email account on your Mac, you can do so easily by following the information provided below.
Steps to Close SBCGlobal Email Account on Mac
When you close or remove an email account from Mac Mail, the messages in that account are also get deleted and don’t remain available any longer on Mac. You can find copies of the messages on the mail server of the account and can be accessed easily.
NOTE: In case you are not sure whether the emails would be on the mail server, you can consider taking a backup of the messages and store them on your system.
Now, to close your SBCGlobal email account on Mac, you will need to follow the instructions provided below.
- On your Mac system, open Mail application.
- Once you have opened the Mail application, you will select the Mail
- In the Mail option, click on the Preferences
- Then, you will need to select the Accounts option in the Preferences
- After that, you will need to select the SBCGlobal email account and click on the Remove
NOTE: In case the SBCGlobal email account is being used by any other application also on your Mac, you will be prompted to remove the account in the Internet Accounts System Preferences section. For this, you will need to:
- Click the button to open Internet Accounts.
- Deselect the checkbox next to the Mail option for the account.
- Next, you will need to make sure that the account is selected to stop using the account in all applications.
- Then, you can click on the Remove
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to close an SBCGlobal email account on Mac. In case you wish to terminate your SBCGlobal email account, you will need to follow these steps:
Terminating Your SBCGlobal Email Account
When you cancel your SBCGlobal service, the SBCGlobal email address associated with the account doesn’t get terminated. You can continue to use the email account as a free SBCGlobal email account without any charge. However, if you also wish to delete your SBCGlobal email account permanently, you can do so easily by following the instructions provided below.
Things to Consider Before Deleting Your SBCGlobal Email Account
- You can only close your SBCGlobal email address when it has been 30 to 60 days since the cancellation or disconnection of a paid service of SBCGlobal.
- You can terminate a free SBCGlobal email account anytime which has never been associated with a paid service of SBCGlobal.
- You will not be able to terminate an SBCGlobal email account which is associated with an active service of SBCGlobal.
- Terminating a Member ID will also remove any subaccounts created with that account.
Once you have considered the above-mentioned factors, you can follow the below-mentioned steps to permanently close your SBCGlobal email account.
NOTE: SBCGlobal email is not a part of AT&T. The below-mentioned steps are to be followed accordingly.
- On your computer browser, sign in to your SBCGlobal email account and go to Profile (https://m.att.com/myatt/native/deepLink.html?action=Profile&appInstall=N) section.
- In the Profile section, go to the Contact Info
- Next, you will need to select the Email
- Then, in the Free AT&T email account, select the Manage If you don’t see the Manage option, it means your email account cannot be deleted.
- After that, you will need to select the Delete Account located next to Member ID. Then, click on the OK
- Then, you will need to confirm that the Status at the bottom User Information section is showing Disabled. This means that your email account has been deleted.
NOTE: In case you do not see the option to delete your account and it has already been more than 60 days canceling or disconnecting your service, it is suggested to contact SBCGlobal.
So, now as you know how to close your SBCGlobal email account permanently, you can easily do so whenever you need to terminate your account. For any professional help you can also speak with email expert by dialing SBCGlobal email customer support helpline number.