Forgetting the email account password is not an issue to be worried about. Every email service provides a solution to recover the forgotten password through the password recovery process. Here are the steps to so with your Microsoft account. Following are the steps for recovering MSN account when a user forgets password:
Recovery of MSN Email Password
- Go to the MSN sign-in page.
- Enter anyone from your email id, phone number or Skype user name. Click ‘Next.’
- On the password page, click on the ‘Forgot my password’ link. You will find it below the ‘Sign in’ button.
- Select from the three options listed on the page that follows depending upon your sign-in difficulty. In password recovery, you can select ‘I forgot my password’ option.
- Enter your email address (that needs password recovery) and Captcha correctly. Use ‘New’ or ‘Audio’ option while having difficulty in understanding the captcha.
- Select the recovery option.
- If you select alternate email or SMS option, wait for the verification link/code. Once you receive it, enter it to verify your ownership.
- If you select to answer SQ/SA, you will be asked to answer the security question. You can reset the password once the answer is verified.
|Note: You can use the recovery options if you have added them at the time of Sign up|
- Once your ownership to the MSN account is verified, you can reset the password.
- Once the process is complete, access your account with the new password.
If the above recovery options don’t work, report your issue at official MSN customer support. Experts will guide you through the recovery process.
Security Tips for MSN Email Account
Change your password: Use a strong password and if you think someone knows your password, change it. It is recommended to change the password immediately if you see something suspicious in your account.
Update your security info: Security info is your key to get back to your account in case you forget the password or someone has changed it without your permission. It can be your active mobile number or email address. Make sure you have access to them. Update them if any changes occur.
Review Recent Activity: Visit your account’s recent activity section and check the recent logins details. Do this frequently. If something is unfamiliar, change the password and report it to Microsoft.
Independent email service providers can also help you in the password recovery process. Talk with their team of experts and get instant MSN customer support service. Such services are available 24/7 so you can get a solution to your problem anytime.