Are you unable to work with your Comcast account on your iPhone? Or your mind’s gone blank when it comes to configuring Comcast with iPhone? Well! Don’t scratch your head as you are in the right place. This small blog will help you get rid of the issue of Comcast account not working with your iPhone. So sit back, relax, and go through with the article till the end.
If you aren’t able to work with your Comcast account on your iPhone then, there must be something wrong with the account settings or the configuration. Make sure that your Comcast account works perfectly fine outside the iPhone. If the account is locked or you have forgotten the password, then unlock the account or reset the password before you actually configure it on your iPhone.
Follow the steps below to configure the Comcast account on your iPhone.
- Unlock your iPhone.
- Go to the Settings and choose Mail.
- Tap on “Accounts”
- Tap on “Add Account”
- Choose “Other”
- Tap on “Add Mail Account”
7. Add Name, Comcast Email Address, Comcast Password, and a description like Comcast Home or Comcast Work, etc. The description could be anything of your choice.
8. Under the Incoming Mail Server; update the hostname as mail.comcast.net
- The username will be the same email address.
- The password is also the same as your Comcast account.
9. Under the Outgoing Mail Server; update the hostname as smtp.comcast.net
10. Enable the SSL.
11. Outgoing Server Port number shall be updated as 587 whereas Incoming Server Port would be 995.
If the POP settings mentioned above doesn’t work, then go ahead with the IMAP settings and reconfigure the account from the beginning. Make sure that you have an active internet connection that is stable.
Wi-Fi networks are more stable than mobile networks. You must update the operating system of your iPhone regularly. Comcast email may not work properly if you have been still using the older version of the iOS.
If none of the settings viz. POP3 and IMAP works then you better have a word with our certified technicians on our 24/7 Comcast Email Customer Support Service toll-free number.
Our technicians have been dealing with these kinds of issues for the last decade and will provide you instant response along with the prompt resolution. We have a dedicated 24/7 Comcast Service Helpdesk where you can discuss any kind of issues related to your Comcast account.