“Server Error – 3219 or 0x8de00005 Error prompt – Unable to send or receive messages for the MSN email account”
This error code with your MSN email account occurs when there is some issue with the two sorts of authentication on your MSN email account at the same time. This actually misleads the MSN server as one authentication asks about sign-in and the other for the mail server. This is the common issue when an MSN Outlook Hotmail email account user configures an email account in the third-party email client application, and now unable to send or receive emails.
You can understand that the error is on your email client application and the server settings. This you need to fix by reviewing the settings and if needed, you can take help from this step by step guide.
Steps To Fix The MSN Error 3219 Or 0x8de00005
- Start from your email client application and go to the Accounts tab
- Here, you need to click on the Accounts Tab; here you will find the + symbol with the @ sign, now click on it
- Now, you need to enter your e-mail address, password, and profile name
- Also, check Manually Configure Server Settings
- Then, choose IMAP under Incoming Server Information
- Here you need to type imap-mail.outlook.com in the given Server Address field and enter 993 in the port section
- After that, check Requires a secure connection SSL
- Also, locate Outgoing Server Information
- Now, you need to enter smtp-mail.outlook.com as a Server address and in the port section enter 587
- Here, check on Requires a secure connection SSL and Requires Authentication
- Finally, enter the Next button and you are done
You have successfully reconfigured your MSN mail account on your computer; you will get all your mails now. In fact, you can test it by sending a test mail to you.