People have various email accounts for different purposes of communication. Sometimes, users get one for personal communication and another for professional communication. Yet, it becomes too difficult to manage more than one account with Hotmail. Users, who have 2 and more accounts with Hotmail; can merge them with a single inbox and get access to all emails in a single click.
We have this step-by-step guide for all Hotmail users; they can combine all accounts at a single place and get access to every account easily.
How to combine Hotmail accounts into a Single Inbox
- First, open your Microsoft Outlook and click on File menu option
- Here, in the File menu, click on the Account Settings and in the drop-down menu that appears, now click on Settings again
- And then, you will get the Account Settings window that lists all of your existing email accounts there in front of you
- You need to make sure you are on the Email tab option
- After that, click on the email account whose inbox you wish to combine with your account
- Then MS Outlook will show you with Change Folder option towards the bottom of the Account Settings window
- From the Change Folder dialog box, you can need to Outlook and then Inbox
- In case, you want the mail to be delivered to a custom folder, then click on the New Folder to create a new folder for your mails
- Along with this, if you wish to use a new PST file for email, you can go for New Outlook File option here
- As your contacts, calendar, etc are already stored in outlook.pst, it is better to click on Outlook > Inbox as it will save time on backing up files every time you go for a backup
- After, you have selected the folder you want to store on your device, and now click on OK button
- Finally, close the Account Settings window
- Now, your two different Hotmail accounts have been combined successfully
- If needed, you can combine more by following the same steps
This method is to help you avoid getting troubled by switching from one account to another. You can just sign in to a single account and get all inboxes there, and you can choose to reply from your own choice of account.