Remembering multiple passwords for different online accounts can be quite a task for some. Fortunately, Yahoo account comes with a feature that lets you secure your account with a Yahoo Account Key instead of a password.
Activating Account Key feature will send a notification to your desired mobile device. You will need to just tap on your mobile device to approve access to your account. This way you no more need to remember the password to access your account.
If you are a Yahoo account user and wish to set up Account Key for your Yahoo account, follow the step-by-step instructions provided below.
10 Steps To Set Up Yahoo Account Key
1.) Log into your Yahoo account and click on your Profile Picture located on the upper-right corner of your Yahoo account’s webpage. A drop-down menu will appear.
2.) From the drop-down menu that appears on your, click on the Account info option. This will direct you to the Account info page.
3.) Under the Account info page, select the Account security option.
4.) Under the Account security page, click on the See how it works button.
5.) Next, select your desired mobile device and app on which you wish to get notified for the Account Key.
6.) On the next screen, click on the Send me a notification option. A notification will be sent to your chosen mobile device and on the app.
7.) Then, simply tap on the Approve icon (right icon) on your mobile device to approve access to your account.
8.) After that, click on the option Always use Yahoo Account Key on your web browser.
9.) Next, confirm your mobile number on the subsequent screen.
NOTE: Confirming the mobile number helps in case you are unable to access your device.
10.) The Account Key feature will get activated for your Yahoo account. You can then use Account Key from the next time to get access to your account.
5 Steps to Use Yahoo Account Key
Follow the below-mentioned steps to use Yahoo Account Key.
1.) Go to the Yahoo sign-in page on your web browser.
2.) Enter your Yahoo ID in the prompted field and click on the Next button.
3.) Yahoo will send a notification to the mobile device for which you would have activated Account Key.
4.) On your mobile device, tap on the notification sent by Yahoo and touch the Approve icon (right icon).
5.) Alternatively, you can open the application and tap on the Account Key icon and then on the Approve icon.
NOTE: Sometimes, you may be prompted to enter or tap on the verification code to confirm.
How to Manage Yahoo Account Key
From a web browser
• On your web browser, go to the Yahoo Account security page.
• Click on the Manage option for “Yahoo Account Key”.
• Next, click on the toggle icon located on the right-hand side of a device you wish to enable or disable.
• Alternatively, you can click on the Disable Account Key option located at the bottom section to switch back to a password system.
From a Yahoo mobile app
• Tap on the Menu icon in your Account Key enabled the application.
• Next, select the Account Key icon.
• Then, tap on the Manage Account Key option.
• After that, tap on the toggle (right) for the device which you wish to enable or disable.
• Alternatively, you can tap on the Disable Account Key option located at the bottom of the screen to use a password system for accessing your account.
So, this is how you can set up, use, and manage Account Key in your Yahoo account.
If you want more information, call our Yahoo Customer Support Toll Free Number for 24/7.