MSN Messenger is the first popular instant messaging service. It is the path breaker in the instant messaging world. But now many of its competitors like Google Alo, Facebook Messenger and Whatsapp are gaining the popularity.
MSN Messenger is losing the popularity with time. Many people get irritated about the annoyance which pops up at any time.
MSN Windows Messenger is the built-in program of Windows XP. They have integrated this IM along with Outlook Express and Outlook Remote Assistance. People, who are using Windows XP, complain about the slow system.
As the MSN Messenger occupies a huge space in the RAM, it slows down the computer; especially Windows XP. Microsoft discontinued MSN Messenger in 2013. If you are even not using this program, it keeps popping up on every system boot. If you too are looking for a way to get rid of this IM, then you are at right place.
Please follow the steps to uninstall MSN Messenger on Windows XP.
6 Steps to Disable MSN Messenger on Windows XP Professional
- Click on Start and select Run.
- In the box type gpedit.msc and then press Enter.
- Now go to the Local Computer Policy and then Computer Configuration
- Then go to the Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Messenger.
- Now double click on “Do Not Allow Windows Messenger to Run” and then enable it.
6. Save the settings by clicking on OK.
4 Steps to Disable MSN Messenger on Windows XP Home Edition
- Start the MSN Messenger from your computer.
- Find the Tools Menu and click on the Options
- Uncheck the tab named ‘Run this program when Windows starts’
- Now click OK
4 Steps to Uninstall MSN Messenger on Windows XP
1. First of all, you need to determine the version of Windows you are using. The steps of uninstalling are varied from one version of the window to another. Click on the Start button and then right click on My Computer. Then click on Properties. Now in the System Properties Window, click on the General tab. If you find Service Pack 1 or 2 under System then you can uninstall the MSN Messenger.
2. Now click on the Start menu from your computer. Now go to the Control Panel and then double click on the Add or Remove Programs tab. Now from the window, choose the Add/remove components.
3.Now uncheck the MSN Messenger from the component list.
4.Now click on Finish.
If you need third party service help from the professional and certified technicians, then contact them via toll-free MSN customer support service number, email or live chat.