Gmail emerged as one of the leading and promising email service providers. The services are really satisfying and users have a great experience with Gmail. In fact, the users, who were using some other email services like Yahoo or Hotmail; they are not turning towards Gmail.
This is a common situation because Gmail is offering better service, storage space, and ease of use to its users. This makes users switch to Gmail service from their existing email accounts.
This is easy to create and start using Gmail for emails; how about the emails you are getting on your previous email account. This needs to get fixed; else you will lose your communication.
Well, the easiest alternative is here; you can forward Hotmail emails to your Gmail account. This feature also makes Gmail a better email service provider from others. You can enable this feature, by following these steps.
How To Import Hotmail Emails To Gmail Account
- First, go to your Gmail account and sign in with your email and password if asked.
- Here, you need to click on the cogwheel icon at the top-right corner of the page, and from here choose Settings in the menu that opens.
- You need to click on the Accounts and Import tab, and then from the Add an email account link.
- After that, enter your complete Hotmail.com email address in the space given, and then click on the Next button.
- In the next step, choose the Import emails from my other account (POP3) option and click on the Next button.
- Now, you need to enter your complete email address again in the given Username field.
- Also, enter the password to your Hotmail.com email account in the given Password field.
- Then, select the options you wish to include when importing from Hotmail into Gmail.
- You have successfully configured your Hotmail account to get all emails on Gmail
Once you are done with the configuration process; you can test it by sending a test mail to your Hotmail email address; you will get the same email on your Gmail account.