It is not easy to remember multiple passwords all the time, and you forget what password goes with what account. If somehow you forgot your Comcast email password, you can reset it anytime.
12 Steps to Reset Comcast Email Account Password
- Visit xfinity.com/password
- Type the Comcast username and click Continue. If you forgot the username as well, then you will have to follow a few more steps.
- Visit xfinity.com/username
- Provide your mobile number or SSN (Social Security Number) or Comcast Account Number (Usually mentioned on the Comcast bill)
- Follow the on-screen instruction to get the username.
- Complete the Captcha process for the security check.
- Choose a method of recovery from the listed options. Usually, it is your registered email address or the registered mobile number with Comcast.
- If you don’t have access to the recovery options, then this isn’t the end; you can still recover the password with the help of security questions and the zip code of your area. You must know the exact answers to recover the Comcast password this way.
- Follow the on-screen instruction and reset the password.
- If you have chosen the email address or the mobile number as a recovery option, then you will be sent a password reset link or a text alert, respectively.
- You can follow the on-screen instruction, and you will be redirected to a page where you can create and confirm the new password.
- Choose a strong password that is basically very hard to guess for everyone but easy to remember for you.
- Once finish, click on “Continue”
- A confirmation page will appear as messages “ALL Set!” and “we’ve updated your password, and you can sign in now to your account”
- Once again, click “Continue” to log in.
Secure your Comcast account
To secure your Comcast account, you must change the default password for the admin tool. If you leave it unattended, anyone can misuse your network. On top of that, without protection, your confidential information, like files on your computers, and banking details stored inside, can be accessed.
Therefore, it is mandatory to protect your Comcast network via WPA/WPS2 technology. Follow the steps below.
- Visit http://10.0.0.1/
- The default username is admin.
- The default password is password.
- Log in and click on change password.
- You also must change the Wi-Fi name and password.
- Go to the Wireless Security Settings and choose protection as WPA or WPS2. This will restrict someone from using or sneaking into your network from outside.
If you have any questions or get any issues in regards to the same situation mentioned above, always feel free to call our certified technicians on our toll-free Comcast email customer service number for quick support and instant resolution.