Yes, there are few souls left who are still using Hotmail account and want to use it on their iPhone. This is not easy if you don’t know how to configure your Hotmail account in your iPhone; you need to configure it carefully. Your iPhone has a dedicated Mail app that works perfectly for your Hotmail too.
If you are wondering how to get it configured; we have this quick guide for you. This will help you to get your Hotmail configured on your iPhone easily.
You just need to follow the steps carefully.
- You need to go to Settings > Mail > Accounts > Add Account on your iPhone.
- Here you need to choose Hotmail.com from the given list.
- After that, a login page will appear on your screen to process further for configuration.
- First, enter your complete Hotmail address and tap the Next button.
- The next step is to enter your Hotmail email password and tap the Sign-in button.
- Afterward, tap on Yes to confirm you want to give permission to iOS to access your data and let it move further.
- Now, choose what Hotmail data you want to have access to on your iPhone and whatnot.
- Here, you can select to sync your email, contacts, calendars, and reminders with Hotmail. By default, everything is turned on for sharing. Once you have selected what you want, tap on the Save button.
- Then go to the Mail app on your iPhone.
- You have successfully created a Hotmail account, now you can access it with a single tap on the Mail app.
Some users have found it difficult to get their permanently deleted items from the Hotmail account while using it on your iPhone. Well, in such case you have a quick solution as whatever got deleted will be available on the Hotmail portal. You can access it using a computer. You just need to follow these steps to find all deleted items.
- The first step is to log in to your Hotmail account using your user name and password
- The moment you get into the Hotmail inbox screen, click on the Options button at the top right and select the More options from the expanded menu
- Here you need to find the Customizing Hotmail section and choose Advanced privacy settings
- Now, you will find the next screen has a Deleted messages option. By default, it is set to Let me recover deleted messages
- And then, click on the Save button at the bottom of the page and then return to the inbox
- You are done
If needed; you can call Hotmail customer support toll-free phone number for any help.