While Gmail is a great way to keep track of your important business emails, it can be annoying to receive and respond to emails when you are on vacation with your friends or family. To help users with such a situation, Gmail offers an amazing feature that notifies senders that you will not be able to respond to their message at the moment.
With this feature activated in your Gmail account, the senders will receive a Gmail automatic reply added by you each time they send an email to your Gmail account. To know how to make an out-office or vacation reply in Gmail, follow the instructions provided herein below.
Steps to Create an Out-of-Office in Gmail Account
1.) On your computer, open your Gmail account and click on the Gear icon located on the top-right corner of your screen.
2.) From the drop-down menu, tap on the Settings option. This will open a Settings window on your screen.
3.) In the Settings window, scroll down and go to the “Vacation Responder” section. Select Vacation responder on and fill the date (from and to), subject and message section.
4.) Then, under the Message section, you can select the checkbox if you only wish to send your vacation reply to your contacts.
5.) When done, click on the Save Changes option to save the changes.
• If you are using Gmail Signature, it will appear in your vacation response message at the bottom.
• Your vacation response will start at 12:00 AM from the date started and will end at 11.59 PM on the ending date.
• In most cases, your vacation response will be sent to people messaging you for the first time during the vacation duration.
• In case a person sends you an email again after 4 days and your vacation reply is still on, they will receive your vacation response again.
• Each time you edit your vacation response, it gets started again. This means a sender will receive a response each time you edit your vacation response and the person sends you a new email after you have edited your response.
• Emails getting delivered to your Spam folder and email addresses to the mailing list you have subscribed to will not receive your vacation response.
• If you use a Gmail account from your work, school, or other organization, you can select whether your vacation response should be sent to everyone or only those who are part of your organization.