A lot of users face trouble when trying to access their MSN email account. Therefore, when experiencing issues signing in to your MSN email account, it is necessary to consider the following workarounds:
- Make sure that Caps Lock is not activated and you have entered your MSN email address correctly in the user id field.
- Keep your browsing history clear.
- Try accessing your MSN email account from a different internet browser.
Don’t Remember Your Password or It’s Not Working
If you ever forget your MSN email account password, you can follow the steps provided below to recover your account:
- Open the Recover your account page in your web browser.
- Next, you will need to enter the email address, phone number, or Skype ID which you used to create your Microsoft account. This can be your email address, or an email ending with a Microsoft domain like Outlook.com or Hotmail.com.
- If you have security info in your MSN Email account, Microsoft will send a one-time security code to your alternate phone number or email address you provided earlier.
- Once you have entered the code in the provided field and proceed further, you will be allowed to create a new password on the next screen.
- After that, enter the new password in the provided fields and click on the Next The password for your MSN email account will be reset and you will be able to regain access to your account.
When Creating a New Password
When creating a new password for your MSN email account, there are certain things that are important to consider. These factors include:
- Make sure you create the new password with a combination of Alphabets, Numbers, and Special Characters.
- Make sure to create a long password for your account.
- Do not use the same password for any other account as it may make both the accounts vulnerable to cyberattack if either of them gets hacked.
- Keep changing your password every couple of months.
- Avoid creating easy to guess passwords such as date of birth, consecutive numbers, etc.
Change MSN Email Account Password
As it is suggested to change your password every couple of months to keep your account secure.
- Sign in to your Microsoft account using the current password on your web browser.
- Once you are logged in to your account, you will need to select the Security
- Next, you will need to choose Password security.
- Then, you will need to enter your current password and after that new passwords in the prompted fields.
- Once you have entered your current and new password in the provided fields, you will need to click on the Save
So, these are the steps you will need to follow to fix the sign-in issue in your MSN email account