Technical forums are flooded with the issues of junk mails in their MSN mailbox since Microsoft switched from Hotmail to Outlook. Are you also facing the same issue? If yes then here are some suggestions to decrease the junk mails to your account. Junk mails could be any electronic message for marketing or unsolicited emails. They can be an attempt by the hacker to take control of your account. So, here are some guidelines recommended by Microsoft that will help you in reducing the junk mail to your inbox and stay away from getting caught in Phishing. Let’s have a look:
- Never reply to any junk mail (not even asking to be removed from the sender’s mail list.) This will confirm your email address to the sender (who could be a hacker) and you will continue receiving the junk mails. Simply select the email and click on the “Junk” button.
- If you think the mail is a doubtful (some company claiming to be a reputed business organization and asking your personal information in lieu of money reward, job, and other attractive deals); click “Mark as a Phishing scam.”
- Remove your subscription from newsgroups, bulletin boards, and any other webpage. Click on “Unsubscribe” for the newsletters on your safe senders’ list. Microsoft will notify the sender and you will not receive any mail from the sender.
- Configure your junk mail filter to “Exclusive” and minimize the spam mails in your mailbox. Here is how to do this:
- Go to your inbox and click on “Options.”
- Find “More Options” and click it.
- Under the “Preventing junk email” heading, click on “Filters and reporting.”
4. Now choose a junk email filter and select “Exclusive.”
5. Click on “Save” and you are done.
Do remember to check your junk mail folder for good emails after you set an “Exclusive” filter because emails that are not in your contact or safe sender list might move to the junk folder automatically.
Follow the above-mentioned instructions and see the reduction in junk mails to your inbox. If you don’t see any changes, we suggest hiring a third party support service. As a third party technical support provider, we are dealing with various issues related to MSN mailing service. Our MSN customer support team offers solutions to various users across the globe 24 by 7. You can contact any time via a toll-free number, email, or live chat system.