If you are using multiple Gmail accounts or even other email accounts, it can be quite annoying to check each account every time you receive an email in any of the accounts. Instead of accessing them separately, you can have access to them from a single point. For this, you will need to configure your email accounts to one of the email clients. To know how to configure your email account with an email client, you can follow the information provided below.
As an example, we have provided step-by-step instructions to configure a Gmail account with Outlook email client program.
Steps to Add Gmail Account to Outlook
Before you begin with the instructions for the Add Gmail to Outlook, make sure to follow these steps:
• Open your Gmail account and go to the Settings section under Gear icon located on the top-right corner.
• Under Settings option, go to the Forwarding and POP/IMAP option and activate the option “Enable IMAP” located under the IMAP Access section.
1.) On your computer, open Outlook and click File option located on the top-left corner of Outlooks’ window.
2.) Next, select Add Account option located under Account Settings and select the option – Manual setup or additional server types on the next screen. Then, click on the Next button.
3.) ON the next screen, you will be given three options. Select POP or IMAP option and click Next. You will be taken to the next screen where you will need to enter the information into the relevant fields as instructed below.
• Your Name: Enter your name
• Email Address: Enter your Gmail account’s email address.
• Account Type: IMAP
• Incoming mail server: imap.gmail.com
• Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.gmail.com
• User Name: Enter your username
• Password: Enter your account’s password
4.) After entering information as suggested, click the More Settings button located at the lower-right corner in the same window. This will open a new box on your screen.
5.) In the new window, select Outgoing server tab and click on the checkbox next to following two options appearing on your window:
• My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
• Use same settings as my incoming mail server
6.) Then, select the Advanced tab and enter the information in the relevant fields as suggested below:
• Incoming server (IMAP): 993 or 143
• Incoming server encrypted connection: SSL
• Outgoing server (SMTP): 25 or 465
• Outgoing server encrypted connection: TLS
7.) After that, click OK and then Next. A Test Account Settings window will appear on your screen. If you a notification that the test has been completed successfully, your Gmail account will be accessible via an Outlook email client.
8.) Complete the process by clicking the Finish button.
Similarly, you can set up your other Gmail accounts to your Outlook email client.
If you have found any issues in the above steps, you can call Toll Free Gmail Customer Service Support Number.