While Hotmail email service is known for its amazing features and smooth functioning, sometimes, some users face trouble accessing their Hotmail account or various features of it. The most common issues experienced by users with their Hotmail account are – Hotmail Login page not working or slow loading, Email filter not working, File attachment error, Spam filter not working, Hotmail is down, etc. If you are also facing such issues with your Hotmail account, you can follow the information provided below to overcome the issue.
Steps to Fix “Hotmail Not Working or Hotmail Is Down” Issue
NOTE: It is recommended to follow the instructions provided below in the order they are mentioned. If the first measure doesn’t clear the issues, you can move to the next measure and so on until the problem is resolved completely.
- Make sure that your internet is working properly. To check your internet network, open a web browser on your computer, and go to any website. If the website loads properly in normal time, it means your internet is working fine. If the website doesn’t open normally, you will first need to fix the issue with your internet, and then you can try to access your Hotmail account.
If this measure doesn’t clear the error, follow the next one to fix the issue.
- Make sure that your computer is running with the latest updates and it meets the minimum system requirements for uninterrupted functioning.
- Sometimes, the problem could be at Hotmail’s end due to technical up-gradation or server error, therefore, it is recommended to wait for sometime before trying to access your Hotmail account.
- Make sure that the web browser you are using to accessing your Hotmail account is compatible and is running with the latest Using an incompatible or outdated web browser is known for causing errors in accessing some websites including Hotmail.
- A web browser enhancement such as an add-on or plug-in is also known for causing trouble with Hotmail and other websites. To make sure that no such browser enhancement is causing a problem with Hotmail, try disabling each browser enhancements (one at a time) to see if any of them is causing the issue with Hotmail. If you find any add-on or plug-in to be causing trouble.
- Make sure to clear the cache, cookies, and temporary internet files from your web browser. Sometimes, such files and factors are also known for affecting the functioning of Hotmail.
- Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Silverlight application on your computer. And, make sure that you install the latest version of it. You can even disable the Silverlight in your web browser by going to the Add-on section.
- Restart your computer and then try to access your Hotmail account. If this doesn’t clear the issues, move on to the next measure.
- Try accessing your Hotmail account using a different web browser, internet network, and computer to see if the problem is with your web browser, computer, or ISP.
- Check if any antivirus program is interfering with your web browser and preventing you from your Hotmail account.
For File Attachment Issue
- Check your internet network whether it is working properly or not.
- Check the size of the file you are attaching to your email. It should be in the limit allowed.
- Make sure that your web browser is compatible with Hotmail. Also, it must be running with the latest version.
- Make sure that your Antivirus program, internet security, or Firewall settings are not conflicting with the settings of your web browser. try disabling them (one at a time) and then attach the file in your Hotmail account.
- Check-in case any add-on or plug-in is causing file attachment error in your Hotmail account. For this, just disable each browser enhancement (one at a time) and then try adding the file to your email.
For Hotmail Filter Issue
- In your Hotmail account, go to Options > More Options in the navigation bar.
- Next, find and select Filters and reporting option located under the Junk e-mail filter. Then, select the Standard option under Choose a junk e-mail filter
NOTE: The spam filter is known to not so accurate in Hotmail, selecting the Standard option will send the majority of Spam emails into the Junk folder. In order to prevent genuine emails from getting into the Junk folder, it is suggested to add trusted senders to your contact list.
- Alternatively, you can select Exclusive option instead of Standard under Choose a junk e-mail filter Selecting the “Exclusive” option will only allow emails from the people that would be listed under My safe senders and sage mailing lists, service announcements, contacts that you would have signed for.
- Finally, click on the Save
And this is how you can easily fix the “Hotmail not working or Hotmail down” issues with your Hotmail account.