An American telecommunications conglomerate, Comcast Corporation, headquartered in Philadelphia, is a popular Internet service provider. Along with the Internet service, the Company also provides cellular and digital TV services.
Comcast, under the brand of Xfinity, offers free email services to its customers. If you are willing to use the Comcast email service, here we provide you with the steps to configure Comcast email settings for Android, iPhone, and Outlook.
Comcast Email Settings for Android
- On an Android device, click on “Settings”
- Click the “Accounts” and scroll down to tap ‘Add Account’
- Here, you need to select ‘Personal (IMAP)’
- Enter the primary email address that you wish to use and press the ‘Manual Setup’ option
- Again, you need to select ‘Personal (IMAP)’ and provide your account password
- Type “net” in the Incoming Server Settings (if your device does not automatically fill the details for you)
- Type “net” in the Outgoing Server Settings and tap “Next”
- You are all set to use Comcast email on your device
Comcast Email Settings for iPhone
- To configure Comcast on your iPhone device, you need to open the default mail client and click the “Add Account” option
- Now, click on the “Other” option and the configuration process will begin
- Provide all the details such as your complete name, email ID, password, and the description
- To verify your credentials, tap the “Next” button
- The default iPhone Mail app will automatically detect the incoming and outgoing servers
- After the verification process is done, click the “Save” option
- You are ready to use the Comcast email account on your device
Comcast Settings for Outlook
- On the computer, open your Outlook Mail client
- Navigate to “File – Account Settings – Account Settings – New”
- The next step is to select the “Email Account” tab and click the “Next” option
- Choose “Manual setup or additional server types” and select the option “Next”
- Select the “IMAP” option after entering your name, email address, etc.
- Type “Incoming Server (IMAP) – imap.comcast.net” and “Outgoing Server (SMTP) – smtp.comcast.net” in the respective server (Incoming Server and Outgoing server)
- Provide your email ID and password again and click on the “More Settings” option
- Switch to Outgoing Server and enable “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”
- Switch to the “Advanced” tab and enter 993 for Incoming Server (IMAP) and 587 for Outgoing Server (SMTP)
- Follow the instruction and click “OK”
Upon successful, you will be able to use the Comcast email on your computer.