Spam emails and junk mails are constantly filling our inbox daily; unfortunately, we can’t stop them to send mails. This became a common issue with email users as they are unable to stop it, but it is not true. This could be a problem; if you do not know the way to block such unwanted senders in your inbox.
Hotmail users have privilege here, as they can block such email senders and filter out them to get into their inboxes. This is easy to do; you just need to sign in to your account and get such email addresses and domain blocked. We have a quick guide for Hotmail users to do it easily.
How To Block Emails In Hotmail Account
- First, open the web browser on your computer and visit to Hotmail.com
- After that, log in to your Hotmail account using your user ID and password in the given field
- Here, click on Hotmail (X), where X is the number of unread emails in your Hotmail account, from the top of the overview page to go to your Hotmail Inbox
- And now, go and click on Options from the top right corner of the page and then choose More Options from the given menu
- Here, click on Safe and Blocked Senders from the Prevent Junk E-mail option of the settings page
- Now, you just need to click on BlockedSenders to start blocking a contact which is bothering you
- Here, enter the email address of the contact you want to block in the box next to Blocked E-mail Address or Domain
- And the final step is to click on Add to List to block the contact for sending you any more mails
You have learnt to block unwanted email senders, but we have a better alternative for Hotmail users. They can create a Junk Mail blocked list, so you will only receive emails from your known senders and contacts. You can learn it here.
How To Create A Junk Mail Exclusive Blocked List
- First, sign in to your Hotmail account using the user name and password
- Now, from the upper-right corner of the page, you need to click on Options, and then click on More options
- Here, from the Preventing junk email, just click on Filters and reporting option
- And, from the Filters and reporting, simply select the options Exclusive, and then click on Save button
- This will keep your inbox free from junk mails
Note – Always make sure to avoid such spam and junk mail; they not just fill up your inbox, but you will also get the harmful virus and malware on your account and computer.
To know more information, call at Hotmail customer support service toll-free number.