Taking back up from Hotmail to a USB flash drive becomes necessary when you have decided to switch to a different Yahoo mail account. Nowadays hacking of mail account has become the biggest theft and to be on a safer side you need to keep the backup of the data. The idea of taking the backup is not a bad idea at the time of creating a new email account.
In order to take the backup Hotmail emails to a USB flash drive, you need to learn the process of how to take a backup of Outlook account. The steps are easy and you have to make certain that you carefully follow the guidelines and take the backup.
Steps to take a backup of MS Outlook account emails:
- First of all, you need to open Outlook application
- After that at the top of Outlook ribbon, you need to select File option
- Then you need to follow Open & Export > Import/Export choice
- And, you have to select Export to a file option, click on Next button.
- Enter on Outlook Data File, click on Next button
- Select the name of the email account for taking backup
- Include subfolders check box is chosen.
- Choose the Next button
- With this, you need to enter on Browse for selecting where to save the Outlook Data File and type a file name
- Enter on OK for moving ahead
- Under Options, you need to mention what to do when exporting items that previously exist in the file
- You have to enter on Finish button
- The backup file is successfully created in your system.
Once you are done with the above-mentioned procedure you can use the backup file and get access to emails on your PC or laptop. These steps will be really helpful for taking backup mail from Hotmail.
You can consult the experts of Hotmail/Outlook in case you find difficulties during the implementation of the above-mentioned process. They are ready to help you even in odd working hours because the experts are available 24/7 to proffer the affordable tech support solutions.
If any issues these steps, consult our expert via toll-free Hotmail customer support service number.