Now people are scared to display their email addresses in public. Because many companies add those addresses to their marketing mail lists and their mailboxes become full with Yahoo spam mails. That’s why; Yahoo introduces Yahoo Email Alias which you can use in place of your Yahoo id. People can view and misuse your email id displaying in Yahoo Messenger and Yahoo Message Board. Now you can use your Yahoo Alias and can control the privacy of your profile. You can add the email alias in Yahoo by following these simple steps.
Steps to Add an Email Alias in Yahoo:
- Launch the preferred internet browser from your computer. Now type yahoo.com in the search bar. It will take you to the homepage of Yahoo.
- Now on the top left side of the page, you can see the Mail button. A new sign in page will appear after clicking on that tab.
3. You have to log in with your email id and password in the given fields.
4. Now in the right corner of your inbox page, you can see the gear icon. A drop- down menu will appear after clicking it. You need to choose the second option ‘Settings’ from the list.
5. In the Settings window, a list of options will appear. Now you have to choose Accounts tab under the Settings menu.
6. In the submenu, you can see three options under Yahoo Account. Click on ‘Edit your account info’ link.
7. Now you will be redirected to a page where you need to sign in again by submitting the password. This verification step is essential to keep your account safe.
8. A new page will appear and you need to scroll down to the below part of the page. You will find ‘Manage your Yahoo Alias’ link under ‘Account Settings’.
9. Here you can see the list of the existing alias if you have any.
10. You have to click on ‘Add an alias’ button on the page. A new line will appear after clicking on the link. You have to insert the alias you choose for your Yahoo account. Click Save.
11. Now you have to change the privacy setting of your Yahoo mail alias. Go to the Top Right corner of the page and click ‘Profile Privacy’. You can toggle the switch of Privacy Setting button according to your requirements.
Steps to Remove an Email Alias in Yahoo:
- Go to your account and click the gear icon.
- Click on More Settings
- Go to the Mailboxes link
- Click on Expand icon located beside Email Alias
- Now click on the alias
- Now click ‘Remove Alias’ button.
- Don’t forget to Save the changes.
If after, these steps, you still not resolve this issue, then don’t feel sad, just call us at toll-free Yahoo customer support service number